Greening the Games: How are we doing?
Let us know and be into win prizes.
The Greening of the Games partners want to make the Samoa 2019 Pacific Games the best chance to encourage the best environmental behaviour with a wide international audience.
We need to know how we are doing. Please, do us a favour and complete this simple survey. The results of the survey will guide environmental work in future Pacific Games.
“We’ve seen some really good actions underway at the Samoa 2019 Pacific Games as we strive to be plastic-free but we have also seen room for improvement. We’d like to call on support from as many people as possible to let us know their thoughts on this so we can know how much good was achieved and where we can grow,” said Mr Anthony Talouli the Marine Pollution Adviser of the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP).
What is the Greening of the Games?
And win prizes!
“We only have one planet and it belongs to all of us – sadly, we need to do more if we want to leave a healthy environment for our future generations. Every positive action undertaken at these Games by us all brings us one step closer to a healthier environment. Through this survey we hope to show just how much positive is being done.”
This effort is part of the “Beautiful Samoa, keep it clean and plastic free” campaign that revolves around the Samoa 2019 Pacific Games. It aims to reduce the plastics that are polluting our water ways, oceans, and villages. Samoa is demonstrating Pacific leadership through a commitment to green the games by reducing consumption of single-use plastic and Styrofoam.
Thank you for being a part of the Greening of the Games.
Greening of the Games Committee which consists of members from:
- Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment (MNRE) of Samoa
- Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP)
- Pacific Games Office
- Ministry of Women Community and Social Development
- Samoa Tourism Authority
- Japanese Technical Cooperation Project for Promotion Initiative on Solid Waste Management (J-PRISM2)
- Ministry of Education Sports and Culture
- Samoa Recycling and Waste Management Association.
- Greening the Games. Free, fresh water at venues
- Greening of the Games. Water bottles
- Greening of the Games. Rubbish Bins
- Greening of the Games. Food Containers
- Greening of the Games. What you can do
- Greening of the Games. Car pooling and More
- Learn more on the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP) website